Finlease (Australia) Pty Ltd, ACN 003 752 636, trading as Finlease, (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) collects information about you for the purposes you agree to in this Privacy Disclosure Statement and Consent. When you sign below, you agree we can, consistently with Australia’s privacy and credit reporting laws, collect, use and exchange credit and personal information about you for those purposes.
Privacy Disclosure Statement and Consent
We are collecting credit and personal information (information) about you, as applicable:
o To source for you, or a company of which you are a director:
• Consumer credit for personal, household, domestic or residential investment purposes;
• Commercial credit for business purposes; or
• Other services stated in this Privacy Disclosure Statement and Consent (Consent); or
o To support a guarantor application you will provide.
As your broker, we require the information we collect from you to assess your credit, or guarantor, application or the credit application of a company of which you are a director, source a suitable credit provider and any required insurances and to manage the application process, where required. If you do not provide the information sought we may be unable to process your application, or the company’s application, or we may be limited in the other services we can offer you or the company.
Your information – Collection and Credit Reporting Body (‘CRB’) Disclosures
When we collect information from you in the credit application process, we use that information in a number of ways to assess your credit application and to source a suitable credit provider or lessor and/or insurance provider. We may:
• Disclose your identification information to a CRB if you wish us to obtain a report on your behalf;
• Use any information the CRB provides in that report to assist us to preliminarily assess your consumer credit or guarantor application
• Disclose your personal information to an insurer or insurers to source any insurances you wish to obtain
• Disclose your credit information to a credit provider or credit providers to apply for finance on your behalf
The information we obtain from you is used, subject to compliance with Australia’s privacy and credit reporting laws, only for the purposes listed in this Consent and is not disclosed to any other person except with your permission or as permitted, or required, by law.
As part of providing our services to you, we may undertake tasks for a credit provider which are reasonably necessary to manage the application process. When doing so, we are acting as agent for the credit provider, with the same privacy law requirements applying to both of us.
We may submit your application to one or more credit providers. Those credit providers and their website addresses are set out in the Schedule at the end of this document.
A credit provider, to whom we submit an application, may disclose information about you to, and collect information about you from, from one or more CRBs.
• That the CRB may include information the credit provider discloses about you to other credit providers to assess your credit worthiness
• That, if you become overdue in making consumer credit payments or you commit a serious credit infringement, the credit provider may disclose that information to a CRB
• How you can obtain the credit provider’s and/or CRB’s policies about managing your credit information
• Your right to access and/or correct information held about you and to complain about conduct that may breach the privacy and credit reporting laws
• Your right to request a CRB not to undertake pre-screening for purposes of direct marketing by a credit provider
• Your right to request a CRB not to release information about you if you believe you are a victim of fraud
This detail will also be included by the credit provider who approves your application in the privacy disclosure statement and consent document it will provide to you.
Each credit provider website includes information on how to contact the credit provider and how to obtain a copy of its privacy documents in a form that suits you (e.g. hardcopy or email).
You have the right to ask:
• Us to provide you with all the information we hold about you
• Us to correct the information we hold if it is incorrect
• The CRB not to use your information for direct marketing assessment purposes, including pre-screening
• The CRB to provide you with a copy of the information it holds about you
You can gain access to the information we hold about you by contacting our Finlease Privacy Officer at the address above or by telephone on 02 8404 2000 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases an administration fee may be charged to cover the cost of providing the information.
You can contact the CRB by telephone on 1300 921 621 or email at email@example.com.
Disclosure and Consent
By signing below, you agree we may:
• Use your personal and credit information:
o To assess your consumer or commercial credit and/or guarantee application and/or to assess a credit application by a company of which you are a director
o To source any finances you required
o To source any insurances you require
o As the law authorises or requires;
• Disclose to, and obtain from, any prospective credit provider or insurer, information about you that is reasonably necessary to obtain the finance and insurances you require;
• Obtain from, and disclose to, any third party, information about you, the applicant(s) or guarantor(s) that is reasonably necessary to assist you obtain the finance and insurances required;
• Provide your information, including your credit report(s), to one or more of the credit providers specified in the Schedule of Credit Providers below so they can assess your application, or the application of a company of which you are a director, or your suitability as a guarantor
• Provide credit information about you to a guarantor, or prospective guarantor;
• Provide you, or the company of which you are a director, with offers or information of other goods or services we, or any of our associated entities, may be able to provide to you or the company, unless you tell us not to;
• Disclose your personal and credit information to the extent permitted by law to other organisations that provide us with services, such as contractors, agents, printers, mail houses, lawyers, document custodians, securitisers and computer systems consultants or providers, so they can perform those services for us; and
• Disclose your personal information to any other organisation that may wish to acquire, or has acquired, an interest in our business or any rights under your contract with us, or the contract with us of a company of which you are a director.
You also agree and consent to, as appropriate:
• A CRB disclosing consumer credit information to one or more credit providers specified in the Schedule of Credit Providers below for the purpose of assessing your application for consumer or commercial credit or your guarantor application, and/or assessing a credit application by a company of which you are a director
• When you are a prospective guarantor, a credit provider using that information to assess your suitability as a guarantor
• A credit provider disclosing your credit information (including information obtained by it from a CRB) to a guarantor, or a prospective guarantor
• A credit provider disclosing to another credit provider, for a particular purpose, information it holds about you
Where the applicant, or guarantor, is a company of which you are a director, you consent to the use of your information, in addition to the company’s information, in each of the ways listed above.
By signing below, you also authorise us to make a request on your behalf to obtain credit reporting information about your consumer and commercial credit worthiness from a CRB. That information will assist us in providing our services to you. This authorisation ceases when we undertake a task on behalf of a credit provider.
INDIVIDUAL APPLICANT/GUARANTOR/OTHER INDIVIDUAL SIGNATURE SECTION including APPLICANT SCHEDULE
Schedule of Credit Providers;
Aussie Car Loans Pty Ltd (ABN 36 077 683 820), Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ABN 11 005 357 522), Bank of Melbourne (ABN 33 007 457 141), Bank of SA (ABN 33 007 457 141), Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Ltd (ABN 11 068 049 178), Bennetto Finance Pty Ltd (ABN 32 009 489 507), BOQ Equipment Finance Limited (ABN 78 008 492 582), Broadway Leasing Pty Ltd (ABN 74 152 512 546), Capital Finance Australia Ltd (ABN 23 069 663 136), Cash Resources Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 48 784 573 234), Classic Funding Group Pty Limited (ABN 84 057 766 551), Commercial Equity Group Pty Ltd (ABN 67 009 509 077), Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ABN 48 123 123 124), Eclipx Group Ltd (ABN 85 131 557 901) & Subsidiaries, Fifo Capital Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 78 121 427 183), Finecorp Financial Services Pty Limited (ABN 71 072 066 141), Finrent Pty Ltd (ABN 40 389 557 981), Firstmac Asset Funding Pty Ltd (ABN 50 601 556 647), Fleet Partners Pty Ltd (ABN 63 006 706 832), Flexigroup Ltd (ABN 75 122 574 583), GE Automotive Financial Services (ABN 80 004 187 419), GoGetta Pty Ltd (ABN 47 122 108 696), Group & General Finance Pty Ltd (ABN 87 000 937 257), Hermes Capital Pty Ltd (ABN 39 090 969 949), IBM Global Financing Australia Ltd (ABN 27 002 955 571), Investec Bank (Australia) Ltd (ABN 55 071 292 594), Liberty Financial Pty Ltd (ABN 55 077 248 983) , Macquarie Energy Leasing, a division of Macquarie Bank Ltd (ABN 46 008 583 542), Macquarie Equipment Rental Pty Ltd (ABN 44 112 079 268), Macquarie Leasing Pty Limited (ABN 38 002 674 982), Marubeni Equipment Finance (Oceania) Pty Ltd (ABN 79 151 545 434), Members Equity Bank Pty Ltd (ABN 56 070 887 679), Metro Leasing Pty Ltd (ABN 13 140 583 802), Moneytech Finance Pty Ltd (ABN 75 112 110 906), Morris Finance Ltd (ABN 70 083 630 139), National Australia Bank Ltd (ABN 12 004 044 937), Nimik Finance Pty Ltd (ABN 88 988 589 302), Pepper Asset Finance Pty Limited (ABN 56 165 183 317), ProFinance Pty Ltd (ABN 50 003 164 190), Scania Finance Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 32 609 637 596), Selfco Leasing Services Pty Ltd (ABN 58 099 591 616), Service Finance Corporation Ltd (ABN 93 077 860 256), St George Finance Ltd (ABN 99 001 094 471), Suncorp Metway Advances Corporation Pty Ltd (ABN 89 100 845 127), Technology Leasing Ltd (ABN 27 071 702 264), The Leasing Centre (Aust) Pty Limited (ABN 84 057 766 551), Thorn Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 63 008 454 439), TL Rentals Pty Ltd (ABN 27 071 702 264), Toyota Financial Services, a division of Toyota Finance Australia Limited (ABN 48 002 435 181), Westpac Banking Corporation (ABN 33 007 457 141), Yamaha Motor Finance Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 29 101 928 670).
Finlease (Aust) Pty Ltd