“We’re pleased to report that the mood at the Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show (SCIBS) was much improved this year. And it wasn’t just the nicer weather that pointed to a sunnier outlook.
Enquiry rates for boat finance were much stronger, and the final visitor tally of over 39,000 was well up on the 2009 figures. Sanctuary Cove is seen as a gauge for the broader market, and if this is the case, then the future is looking a lot more positive as we are definitely seeing some green shoots of the economy coming out of the doldrums.
Of particular note we were pleased to see:
- Over half a dozen larger boats on the marina that we were about to finance with boat loans or were about to settle.
- Manufacturers like Maritimo reported it to be their best show in 3 years.
- We’re seeing the first signs of the broader boat finance community dipping its feet back into the water and feeling more comfortable with lending money in the marine area.
- This was the first show in 2 years where we were able to access an increased choice of financiers for boat loans.
- We reiterate how important it is to present the right case to those financiers with a well prepared detailed boat finance submission, otherwise you could miss the boat and not make it past first base.
We look forward to seeing you at the Sydney International Boat Show, (29th July – 2nd August ) where we expect to see an even brighter mood. Visit our floating houseboat, on the northerly corner of the marina adjacent to the Pyrmont Bridge.”
Finlease (Aust) Pty Ltd
1300 346 532